Jamie spent ten years as an administrator in the field of education law and policy, monitoring and assisting school districts for compliance with federal and state regulations. She served as the Director of Title I for the Community Schools of Frankfort and Associate Director of Title I for the Indiana Department of Education before moving back to Tulsa in 2010. Jamie is a business attorney with a passion for the law and a broad range of legal experience, while at the same time is able to bring her prior professional and life experience to provide the clients of her Tulsa law firm a better understanding of their needs and concerns.
Jamie started J. Miller Law Firm in 2014 as a solo practice and in 2016 added mediation as an additional service available through Mediation and Dispute Resolution, LLC. In 2017 Jamie was approved as a mediator on behalf of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in Oklahoma.
Jamie serves on the Board of Directors for the Bixby Metro Chamber of Commerce and was recently elected to a 3-year term and elected to the executive board, serving as 2nd vice chair in 2020, 1st vice chair in 2021, and Board Chair in 2022. Jamie is an active member of the Tulsa Interagency Council, Connecting Tulsans, and IN2Networking. In 2020, J. Miller Law Firm won the award for Woman Owned Business of the Year for the Bixby Metro Chamber of Commerce.
She is also a business mentor subject matter expert for SCORE (Tulsa) focusing on business law. Jamie is a frequent presenter on topics such as business legal concerns and estate planning and can be contacted at 918-938-1322 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a presentation.
- University of Tulsa School of Law, J.D., with honors (2013)
- Indiana University – Indianapolis, Masters of Public Affairs (2006)
- Indiana University – Bloomington, B.A., Psychology and Criminal Justice (2000)
- Bixby Metro Chamber of Commerce – Board Member and Executive Board; Chair of Heroes Committeee
- Tulsa Title & Probate Lawyer’s Association – Member
- Tulsa Estate Planning Forum – Member
- Tulsa Interagency Council – Member
- Connecting Tulsans – Member
- American Cancer Society – Member of National Professional Advisor Network
- SCORE (Tulsa) Business Mentor
- Better Business Bureau of Northeastern Oklahoma – Volunteer Arbitrator