- Business Law
- General counsel legal advice
- Business formation and structure
- Business purchases and sales
- Contract Law
- Employment Law
- Severance Agreement Drafting or Review
BUSINESS LAW ALTERNATIVE FEE AGREEMENTS
Business Legal Services – Subscription/Ongoing Services
At J. Miller Law Firm, we believe that it is vital to your business to partner with the right professionals who understand your business, and have access to those professionals on an ongoing basis. Legal services are often less costly and many issues can be prevented if addressed proactively. I also serve as a volunteer mediator for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, an arbitrator for the Better Business Bureau, and a mentor/subject matter expert for SCORE and have seen many examples of the issues that make businesses have to write a check to resolve an issue.
By working with an attorney on an ongoing basis, we can work together to address and decrease legal risks. Your business may not need a full-time attorney on staff, but you can have access to an attorney on a regular basis who knows your business needs and concerns. I will be there for you to help prevent potential issues as well as guide you through existing problems. You might think of it as having a general counsel on call without the expense of having a full-time attorney on staff. I would love to be your business legal partner.
I take communication with my clients very seriously and every fee agreement includes a prompt response guarantee.
Some examples of areas to be addressed:
- Contract drafting, review, negotiation
- Demand letters
- Employee issues such as severance agreement consultation and drafting; employee versus contractor classifications and agreements; policies and procedures; EEOC mediation
- Can work with your HR department or outside HR consultant on employee matters as needed or upon request
- Partnership buy-out agreements
- Buy-Sell agreements
- Legal advice and research for non-emergency and emergency legal issues.
- In-person consultation
- Business purchases and sales
- Business start up and ongoing corporate governance
- Registered agent services
- Dispute resolution
- Business Succession Planning[i] (Clients on an active subscription will receive a 25% discount on estate planning services)
- Presentations to staff
Starting at $275.00/month. I can work with you to create a customized plan to fit the needs of your business – large or small.
The subscription/ongoing services option provides a discount off the attorney’s normal hourly rate billing. My goal is to provide cost-effective solutions that are based on the needs of your business.
Business Start Up Package
Oklahoma is a great place to start a business, but it’s important to start it the right way, get sound advice, and not shortcut key steps. I have helped many clients with their start up businesses, as well as clients purchasing existing businesses, and am also a mentor/subject matter expert for SCORE in the area of business law.
- Consultation on business structure such as LLC, Corporation, Partnership
- Consultation/review of additional items needed to start a business and follow up steps
- Secretary of State Filing*
- File for EIN
- File for trade name (if applicable)
- Drafting governing documents (operating agreement or bylaws)
- Drafting buy-sell agreement (if applicable)
- Assistance with licenses and permits (if applicable)
- Registered Agent services if requested
Starting at $550. Price will depend on scope of services requested after consultation with attorney.
*Does not include filing fees paid to Secretary of State
- Estate Planning
- Avoiding Probate
- Power of Attorney
- Advanced Directives
- Business Succession Planning
PROBATE AND AFTER DEATH TRANSFERS
- Small Estate Administration
- Trust Administration
- Summary Administration Probate
- Transfer on Death documents
- Homeowner Associations
- Debt Settlement
- General Civil and Small Claims
- Family Law
MEDIATION & ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Contractor for Mediation and Dispute Resolution, LLC
- Mediator for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – Oklahoma
- Arbitrator for the Better Business Bureau – Northeast Oklahoma
LIMITED SCOPE REPRESENTATION
What is it?
Limited Scope services occur when a client hires a lawyer to complete specific tasks, or a portion of the legal representation. This may include a lawyer drafting documents to be used in court but the client represents himself or herself in court. The lawyer discloses such limited representation on court documents but typically does not appear at any court hearings.
The client gets the benefit of legal advice from a licensed attorney at reduced costs from traditional full scope representation.
This is not the same as obtaining forms found on the internet. Clients receive a telephone or in-person consultation with an attorney, preparation or review of necessary documents, and additional advice and direction from the attorney as needed for each situation.
*Types of Cases or Issues Appropriate for Limited Scope:
- Attorney letters
- Contract and agreement drafting and review
- Business and employment
- Court pleadings, motions, and other filings
- Family Law
- Documents for court: Divorces, legal separations, paternity
- Pre-marital agreements
- Legal research
- Name Change
- Negotiations/settlement discussions
- Reviewing legal documents and giving advice
- Small claims and other case preparation
*All cases require an initial consultation, conflict check, and signed fee agreement.